Ashley N. Jackson
I’m a multi-talented creative designer based out of Houston, Texas. I have experience in art direction, digital media, web design, and print production. I am very detail-oriented, resourceful, and accustomed to performing in deadline-driven environments. I have a vibrant and bold approach to design. I create brands filled with individuality and personality. Referred to as the “Goddess of Graphics” my expressive typography and confident color palettes create memorable and iconic branding. With 10+ years of experience in the design industry, I am seeking opportunities where I can collaborate, develop ideas, and grow as a creative as well as a businesswoman.
Individual traits: Extraverted 58%, Intuitive 70%, Feeling 75%, Judging 79%, Assertive 65%
Strategy: People Mastery
With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.
READING: The Design of Everyday Things
LISTENING: Product Breakfast Club, Design Details, The Hacking UI Podcast, IDEO Futures, Masters of Scale, Australian Design Radio
COURSES: React for Designers, Moder React with Redux
(2018 - Present) Email Marketing / Graphic Designer
Charming Charlie - Women’s Fashion & Accessories Retailer. (charmingcharlie.com)
- Email Marketing Designs: Create elevated email designs that are customer-focused and support the creative/business strategy. (Duties include design, improve, and maintain on-brand imagery for use across channels. Create templates for ease of production when necessary. Utilize best practices to stay current on email, digital marketing, and graphic design trends and apply them to everyday work)
- A Good Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively within a design teamwork environment and analyze critical feedback. (Qualities includes, consistency, very reliable, communicates with confidence, does more than asked, adapts quickly and efficiently, and displays genuine commitment.)
(2017 - 2018) Marketing / Graphic Designer
- Design/Develop Creative Concepts: Responsible for the production of digital and print marketing designs from inception to completion. (Projects include, flyers, advertisements, social media, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, promotional display signage, and info-graphic sequences)
- Packaging Designer: Design illustrations, prototypes for new releases to present to the team. Coordinate and communicate with production vendors to make sure they fulfill the company’s goals.
- Video Editing & Animation: Conceptualize and develop unique digital illustrations for logos, advertisements, presentations and multimedia projects and bring them to life with motion graphics for the web and broadcast. (Projects include animations, illustration, photo slideshows, video trailers, and post-production work.)
(2014 - 2017) Brand Manager / Graphic Designer
The Galleria for Business - Start-up and Small Business Blog. (thegalleriaforbusiness.com)
- Develop & Present Creative Strategy: Translate company marketing objectives into designs that are clear and compelling, while staying within brand guidelines. (Duties include translating business objectives, existing research, and offline/online marketing strategies into efficient designs that are updated on a daily basis to run a growing online business.)
- Manage Brand Guidelines: Focus on the highest level of brand consistency and maintain an up to report with knowledge of the company’s business branding standards. Provide quality control and direction on a variety of projects, channels, and mediums. (Duties include evaluating all team practices and regularly communicate best practices, new tools, technology, and design products to increase team skill set. Ensure a streamlined and efficient process to execute all marketing plans and projects.
- Graphic Design: Develop design briefs that suit the client’s purpose. Work on a variety of products and activities giving organizations a visual brand.
(2013 - 2017) Fashion Marketing / Graphic Designer
2X Everything Apparel - Online Clothing Business and Lifestyle Brand. Over 15,000 social media followers. “2X Lifestyle” Blog - music and fashion news, media and photography. (2Xeverything.com)
- Brand Development & Design: Strong working knowledge of all design techniques and tools involved in garment production; precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Develop and design visual boards, color schemes, and samples to drive newness to the brand. Design assets for marketing, website and social media.
- Fashion Photography, Retouching & Editing: Attend and assist in planning for fashion photo-shoots and commercial photography. Retouch imagery and edited footage from events, photo shoots, pop-up shops, and product videos for print and online platforms.
- Clothing Production Management: Prepares artwork for production and works closely with outside vendors and printing companies to ensure company standards for clothing production, print, retail displays, and collateral. Create reports and spreadsheets for inventory, sales, budgeting, and manufacturing.
(2012 - Present) Freelance Graphic Designer
- Pure Swag Essentials Skin Care Products: Create their business brand identity, marketing materials, packaging design and mock-ups for production. Also, edit product pictures for their website and social media.
- This Really Werks: Design and develop a CMS E-Commerce website for a health and fitness business. Create digital marketing material for building their social media presence.
- Zachary Construction Highway Bidding Opportunity: Create map illustrations for a road development government bid. Also designed info-graphics for presentation materials and brochure.
(2009 - 2012) Graphic Designer / Production Artist
Printing By Me - Printing & Design Company (printingbyme.com)
- Production Artist & Designer: Create designs for web graphics, online campaigns, banner advertisements, email marketing, interactive forms, motion graphics, social media graphics, car wraps, window and signage graphics, and developed websites for a wide range of companies.
- Manages Large File Deliveries: Optimize graphics for web platforms and print specifications. Package and export media with an organized work-flow environment using Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud, and company servers.
- Excellent Time Management Skills: Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while dedicated and willing to work overtime as necessary, even weekends, to adequately service project deadlines. Adapt to a rapidly changing, fast-paced business environment.
Tools & Technologies
- Adobe CC Illustrator
- Adobe CC Photoshop
- Adobe CC InDesign
- Adobe CC After Effects
- Adobe CC Premiere Pro
- Apple IMovie
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Coding & Websites
- Joomla (CMS)
- Wordpress (CMS)
- Adobe CC Dreamweaver
- HTML & CSS
- Branding & Identity
- Brand Development
- Brand Management
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Media
- Logo Design
- Packaging Design
- Image Editing
- Video Editing
- Web Development
- Responsive Web Design
- Great Customer Service
- Detailed Organization Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Team Leadership
- A Good Team Player
- Task Management Systems (Asana, AirTable)
Fashion T-Shirt Design & Branding
- Daily research of current fashion trends, colors and art inspiration.
- Strong understanding of colors and screen printing techniques.
- Knowledge of graphic art separations and general production file set up.
- Hand illustration and strong typography skills.
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i
- Shopping Cart Images
- Social Media Lifestyle Photography
Westwood College - Houston South (2010 - 2011)
Received instructions on effective page layouts, web design, image editing, print production, and digital design skills. Relevant Courses Included:
- Fundamentals of Web Design
- Fundamentals of Interactive Design
- Computer Applications
- Print Production
- Audio & Video
- Image Editing
Art Institute of Houston (2008 - 2009)
- Introduction to Scripting Languages
- Interactive Motion Graphics
- Content Management Systems
- Web Standards
University of Houston (2007 - 2008)
- Color, Materials, and Methods
- Intermediate Graphic Design
- Introduction to Typography
- Rendering and Sketching
- Graphic Design Software
- Digital Fabrication
Texas Southern University (Fall 2005 - Spring 2007)
- Introduction to Business, Government & Society
- Legal & Regulatory Environment of Business
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Principals of Accounting
- Marketing Communications